- Unit Price
Civilization is a game of skill and strategy for 2-7 players. In the Ancient World of 8000BC, each player controls a different nation. Although battles and territorial strategy are important, this is not a war game. The object of the game is to gain a level of overall advancement involving cultural, economic and political factors so that conflicts arise due to rivalry and land shortage rather than a desire to eliminate other players.
Designed by legendary games inventor Francis Tresham, Civilization is the epic game that urges players to lead their nation to become the most powerful and advanced civilisation on the board!
Due to popular demand, Gibsons have redesigned and relaunched the classic, epic strategy game. Originally published in 1980, Civilization is a board game that pits players against each other in their quest to lead a nation to the pinnacle of development.
Although the rules and gameplay stays true to Francis Tresham’s original, this edition of Civilization has had some aesthetic improvements and all components are made from the highest quality materials so that your game will last a lifetime.
- HIGH QUALITY - The original and iconic strategy game, designed by Francis Tresham. Manufactured by Gibsons, ideal gift for couples, families, teens, friends
- ORIGINAL CIVILIZATION GAME - This is the first ever version of Civilization that was invented by the legendary Francis Tresham, before the video game
- STRATEGY GAME - Civilization is the first game ever to incorporate a technology tree, a feature that allows players to gain certain items and abilities only after particular other items were obtained
- GREAT GIFT – Games are brilliant mindfulness activity that helps improve your mental health. The best gift for friends or family birthdays
- EXPAND YOUR EMPIRE - be the first player to build the greatest civilization while minimizing the effects of calamities and war
- Product Code G984
- For age 12+
- For 2-7 players
- Box dimensions: 37 x 30 x 6cm
- Board dimensions: 71 x 56.5cm
- Gameplay: 4-8 hours
- Contains game board, 7 player mats, pack of 74 trade cards, pack of 72 civilization cards, rule book
We’re Gibsons, the family-owned jigsaw puzzle and board game company. Founded in London in 1919, we’ve been entertaining generations for over 100 years and our passion is creating the best quality products for all ages.
Made in the UK and Europe, we use the thickest board on the market for our jigsaw puzzles and work with a whole host of talented artists to bring you fresh cool designs, from nostalgic scenes to mesmerising prints. What’s more, our jigsaw puzzles are planet-friendly. They’re made from 100% recycled board and secured with tabs rather than shrink-wrap to reduce single-use plastic waste.
Our board games are great fun for the whole family. From quick-play games like Mind the Gap and Pass the Bomb, to family and strategy games like Hare & Tortoise, 221b Baker Street and Civilization, our best-selling board games will keep all ages entertained!